My cookies did not look exactly like theirs, but I think they looked pretty good – and they certainly tasted great! I excluded the nuts in my cookies, and I used mini-morsels instead of the regular size ones.
Here is the recipe that I followed:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups coarsely broken rippled potato chips
- 1 cup small pretzel twists, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Prepare 2 cookie sheets by placing parchment paper on them. I highly recommend using the parchment paper. I did not have any sticking issue at all, which was always a problem for me.
Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl (flour, baking soda and salt) and mix with a whisk or fork.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture and mix till dough is smooth.
Stir in morsels, potato chips, pretzel pieces and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.